Environmental Coalition on Standards is looking for a Sustainability Trainee. We are looking for a highly motivated trainee to join our Sustainability Department and support our engagement in the development of policy and standards.
Deadline: 15 January 2023. Apply here.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Assist Programme Managers’ advocacy work by monitoring, analysing and reporting on policy & standardisation developments in the field of environmental communication (green claims and greenwashing), corporate sustainability reporting and on product policies, especially for high-impact sectors such as construction and buildings (e.g. cement and concrete).
- Carry out research and write briefing notes to support Programme Managers
- Join relevant meetings, such as meetings of European institutions and standardisation organisations, conferences, and meetings with stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of communication materials, including blog posts and articles
- Support the organisation of meetings and events
- Assist with fundraising, reporting and other administrative tasks
Skills and experience required:
- University degree in environmental sciences, engineering, or a degree in social or political sciences with a focus on European affairs.
- Familiarity with circular economy principles, corporate reporting and/or construction sector is an asset
- Good understanding of EU policy-making process is also an asset
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of environmental NGOs
- Strong analytical skills & ability to present technical information in simple terms
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent writing, communication, networking skills
- Professional fluency in oral and written English, other languages are an asset
What we offer:
- A six-month full-time paid traineeship under the Belgian CIP framework (Convention d’immersion professionnelle), plus meal vouchers, reimbursement of public transport expenses and 2 days of holidays per month.
- An experience at the heart of EU policy and standardisation making, with the perspective of a dynamic environmental NGO
- The possibility to join all relevant team trainings (e.g. time management) and internal briefings (e.g. how to write a good press release)
- Being part of a welcoming, pleasant, and dedicated team whose common goal it is to protect the environment.
- A flexible working environment, with the possibility to partly telework.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter by no later than 15 January 2023 to: email@example.com, with the subject line “TRAINEE-SUSTAINABILITY: your name”. The first round of interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ECOS is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. At ECOS we believe diversity is what makes our work richer and our team stronger. Your race, nationality, colour, gender, age, religion, disability, status, or sexual orientation are NOT important to us, we value your knowledge and commitment. If you believe you can contribute to our common goal, we encourage you to apply.