The Fellows Program at the New America Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated individual for a full-time summer internship in Washington, D.C. This internship is paid and requires a commitment of 40 hours each week, beginning in June.
New America’s Fellows Program invests in thinkers — typically academics, journalists, independent scholars, and public policy analysts — who offer a fresh and often unconventional perspective on the major challenges facing our society. Current Fellows work on a wide range of topics, including national security, global migration, and the future of divorce.
- Research and report on various topics encompassed by the work of the fellows
- Edit, proofread, and fact-check a variety of policy reports, book chapters, and articles
- Support Fellows with book promotion and blogging as needed
- Help staff Fellows Program events
- Complete other tasks as directed
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Proven research experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Internet research and data tools
- Strong writing and editing abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and manage time in order to meet multiple deadlines
How to apply
Email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample (no longer than six pages) byFriday – May 23, 2014. Submissions are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Visit the New America website to submit application materials.