The Intelligence and National Security Alliance (INSA) is hiring graduate-level interns to support events and member-driven working groups that address a wide range of issues related to the US Intelligence Community, the Department of Defense, and the private contractors that support them. INSA is a non-profit association that promotes public-private collaboration on intelligence and national security challenges. INSA interns have gone on to positions in U.S. intelligence agencies, government contractors, think tanks, and other organizations working on national security and intelligence issues. Interns will be paid $12 per hour and work roughly 20-25 hours per week. This program lasts for two consecutive semesters, and interns should be able to commit to both. This opportunity is fucntioning remotely, and will be functioning in accordance with the Eastern Time Zone.
The deadline to apply is March 15, 2021.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting staff with planning and execution of events, including registration support and serving as liaison to guest speakers and other key invitees
- Coordination of policy council meetings and conference calls and recording notes of those discussions
- Supporting the development of white papers and other policy products, per the guidance of the staff and policy council chairs
- Reporting on relevant symposiums and panel discussions hosted by local organizations
- Front desk responsibilities, including greeting guests and answering phones
- Other general administrative tasks as assigned
- U.S. citizenship required
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s program concentrating on foreign policy, national security, public policy, homeland security or intelligence studies
- Have a flexible schedule with occasional evening availability
The ideal candidate would have:
- Ability to commit to at least two consecutive semesters
- Administrative experience and strong customer service skills
- Demonstrable project management or event planning experience
- Strong writing and editing skills and the ability to write for a variety of audiences
- Strong sense of organization and close attention to detail
For more information and to apply, click here.