The Embassy of Switzerland is currently offering a full-time (40 hours per week) internship in the Political Team for 6 months, from either: September 1, 2023 – February 28, 2024 or March 1, 2024 – August 31, 2024.
the remuneration for this position is USD 3,200 per month (gross salary).
Candidate should possess:
- a general interest in international politics and foreign policy with a strong knowledge of current affairs;
- specific interest in U.S. foreign policy and Swiss-U.S. bilateral relations;
- an ability to quickly grasp new concepts and orientate oneself in unfamiliar areas;
- an ability to rapidly compose short texts on different issues;
- a desire to communicate with embassy partners in person and on the phone;
- organizational skills for planning and attending functions and events.
- be a Swiss citizen, or be a non-Swiss citizen with a valid work permit for the period of the internship
- possess excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- speak and write fluently German, French or Italian, with passive knowledge of at least one other official language; not have graduated more than one year before beginning internship
- not have completed more than 12 months of cumulative internship experience in the Federal Administration since first graduating from a university or a university of applied sciences – including the 6 months of this internship in Washington.
- All applicants must submit the following documents in PDF format – not to exceed 5 MB
- First PDF document: curriculum vitae and motivation letter addressing the candidate profile explained above (in German, French or Italian);
- Second PDF document: any employment certificates, diplomas or current transcripts.
- Third document (if necessary): other relevant documentation The Embassy of Switzerland offers internships in various departments, but please apply to one announcement only. In order to process your application in a timely manner, please write in the email subject line your “LAST NAME, First Name, Internship in the Political Team”.
Please understand that due to the number of applicants you will not be contacted by the Embassy unless you have been selected for an interview. Any interviews will be conducted no later than 3 weeks after the submission deadlines stated above.
Send application package to: email@example.com
For the period from September 1, 2023 – February 28, 2024: April 30, 2023
For the period from March 1, 2024 – August 31, 2024: October 31, 2023
To learn more & apply: click here (first link pdf)