An internship with the Senate Foreign Relations Committee offers an exciting opportunity for college students, graduate students or recent graduates to gain first-hand experience working on issues of foreign policy and to learn about the legislative process. The position requires excellent writing skills, attention to detail and the ability to multitask. Intern responsibilities range from attending meetings on and off the Hill to drafting memos, tracking legislation and conducting research projects.
Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), Chairman
We will give precedence to students who are from Tennessee or are enrolled in a Tennessee college or university, and who are rising sophomores or above. Interns will be expected to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and reliability. Interns will be responsible for their own housing arrangements, food and transportation.
To apply for an internship in the majority office, please complete the application and return it with a copy of your resume to Senator Corker’s office by the deadlines noted below and on the application. You may send a completed application by mail, fax to 202-228-0566, or email to InternRequests_Corker@corker.senate.gov.
2017 Application Deadlines:
- Fall Session (September 5 – December 1) * applications due July 8, 2017
Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD), Ranking Member
To apply for an internship with the minority office, please read the information below and then fill out an application.
- There are four different internship opportunities throughout the year:
- Fall session is from August to December
- Spring session is from January to May
- There are two summer sessions (you can apply for either or both sessions):
- Summer session one: May to June
- Summer session two: July to August
- Internship application deadlines:
- The application deadline for summer sessions has passed.
- 2017 Fall Session: July 7
- 2018 Spring Session: November 10
- You should complete and submit your online application in one sitting. (Your responses will be saved once you click “send,” therefore you may want to draft answers in a separate document before beginning your online application.)
- All internships are unpaid.
- Please email email@example.com with any questions.
For more information, please visit https://www.foreign.senate.gov/about/internships/.