The UN Crisis Action Office is a dynamic international non-governmental organization that works to protect global civil society, specifically those living in active war zones. By working as coordinators and catalysts, the office is able to offer support in the forms of warning of emerging crises and promoting early responses; sharing information and analysis; researching and analyzing policy; and much more. They are seeking an intern with the UN Directo and Advocacy and Campaigns Manager in the New York office. At the moment the internship will operate remotely, but the intern should reside in New York as it is likely that the office will see a full-reopening during the intern’s six-month tenure. This opportunity is paid via a $2600 monthly stipend.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is July 7, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST.
- Commitment to Crisis Action’s mandate
- Interest in international humanitarian law, the workings of the UN Security Council and the role of the international community in upholding international peace and security
- Initiative, curiosity, enthusiasm, ambition, and an eye for detail
- Ability to analyze complex political issues, identify campaign opportunities, develop innovative campaign activities, and deploy a range of campaign tactics to achieve policy change
- Excellent written and spoken English, strong writing and editing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to cultivate key contacts amongst policy makers, media and civil society
- Ability to work as a member of a small team with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional time management, ability to cope with multiple internal and external demands
- Experience in social organizing or campaigning (in any form);
- Experience working with coalitions; understanding of the challenges involved in developing and managing coalitions;
- Experience of working with diverse teams;
- French, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese or Russian language skills
For more information and to apply, click here.