UNICRI is a United Nations entity established in 1968 to support countries worldwide in preventing crime and facilitating criminal justice. This position is located in the Program on the Nexus between Transnational Organized Crime and Terrorism, and in support of program and project development. The Program on the Nexus between Organized Crime and Terrorism is beginning new capacity-building activities which require in-depth analysis and research of trends on the Nexus and related crimes in the requesting Member States or where entities operate. The internship is for an initial period of two months, with a possibility for an extension of up to a total period of six months at the Turin, IT duty station. The Internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the program, preferably beginning in April 2022.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is March 20, 2022.
- Conducting research on the various topics related to the Nexus in different regions;
- Supporting with the preparation of the training documents for the capacity-building activities, including agendas, timetables, formatting documents, supporting Nexus team with the completion of the training package;
- Contributing to the drafting of reports and other written outputs, including speeches and PowerPoint presentations;
- Contributing to the organization of webinars and in-person training events;
- Assisting in the implementation of the Nexus communication strategy;
- Perform other related duties upon request.
- Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled oh have recently graduated a second university degree or equivalent, or higher (Master’s, Ph.D.);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year or have recently graduated from a first-level university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English is required for this internship. Knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset.
- Must show computer literacy
- Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
For more information and to apply, click here.