The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. This year, the NZBA is undertaking several large and exciting projects, including participation in COP27 and the compilation of its first annual Collective Progress Report on net-zero targets. The Alliance seeks a multi-talented intern to support communications and data analysis surrounding these projects. This is an unpaid and full-time internship stationed in Geneva, CH.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is May 2, 2022.
- Assist with the writing, editing, and design of communication content, including social media, event announcements, web content, digital content, and internal communications
- Assist with the day-to-day coordination of events and webinars
- Conduct research on members’ net-zero target submissions and analyze qualitative and quantitative data sets related to net-zero targets, capital flows, financing of the net-zero transition, and GHG accounting.
- Build data visualizations to help communicate findings from net-zero target analysis
- Assist with communicating with new members
- Additional duties as needed
- Enrolled in the final year of a bachelor’s degree program, enrolled in a graduate school program, or have graduated with a university degree within one year of the start of the internship
- Undergraduate in communications, journalism, environmental studies, economics, business administration, finance, or environmental studies, ideally with some experience in data analysis preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively
- Fluency in oral and written English is required, knowledge of another UN language is an asset
For more information and to apply, click here.