“The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries to save and improve children’s lives, providing healthcare and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief, and more. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF supports UNICEF’s work through fundraising, advocacy, and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, please visit unicefusa.org
Intern, Southeast Region (Atlanta, GA)
The Southeast Regional Office of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF supports UNCEF’s mission through major gifts and special events work. The intern for the USF, Southeast Region supports the office’s major gifts, special events, and administrative efforts. Qualified candidates should have a demonstrated interest and/or experience in the mission of the USF/UNICEF, an interest in working in a non-profit focused on fundraising, and adhere to the professional expectations of the USF.
Interns must be currently enrolled in a college or university. Internships are unpaid.
Skills Required :
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Critical thinking skills for strategy development and compiling research
The Development-Fundraising Intern will :
- Support major gifts work including: prospect research, donor communications, donor database maintenance, gift processing
- Assist with logistics for events including: Speaker Series, UNICEF Experience, and other cultivation events
- Support youth outreach programs
- Provide office administration support
Hours : 10-20 per week
Applicants interested in filling positions for more than one semester (summer, fall, spring) should so indicate in their letter.
Internship Duration :
Summer : Mid-May (negotiable) – August 2016
Fall : September – December, 2016
Spring : December 2016 (non-negotiable) – May, 2017
** Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until positions are filled. Those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please submit resume and interest letter to: email@example.com“