The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environment sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP is the United Nations system’s designated entity for addressing issues at the global and regional levels. The internship position is located in the UNEP/New York Office, but due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, interns may be required to work remotely. The internship is for a period of six (6) months. It is unpaid and full-time. Interns will work five days (35-40 hours) per week under the supervision of a staff member, and the position is UNPAID.
The deadline to apply is August 1, 2021.
- Curate and produce digital content on UNEP New York events and special events for UNEP New York social media channels, including articles on news related to the work of UNEP in New York, multimedia for use in connection with social media posts to boost UNEP New York’s visibility and reach
- Assist in producing communication products for events organized by UNEP in New York including and not limited to infographics, flyers, posters, banners, videos, and others
- Assist in planning and organization of key UN Environment events and activities in UN Headquarters
- Ensure that the UNEP New York website is updated regularly with new stories and events
- Assist with outreach and media for events organized by UNEP in New York, including the organization of press briefings and conferences
- When required, attend and summarize key discussions on meetings at UN Headquarters, including meetings organized by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), Security Council, and UN missions in New York.
- Must be one of the following:
- Enrolled in their final academic year of a Bachelor’s degree program
- Enrolled in a graduate school program
- Have graduated with a university degree in either program defined above
- Must be computer literate
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and personal commitment to the ideals of the charter
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs
- English fluency is required; knowledge of another UN language is an advantage
For more information and to apply, click here.