The United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR) is an autonomous institution within the United Nations that conducts independent research on disarmament and related problems, particularly international security issues. UNIDIR is seeking Graduate Professionals to assist with the coordination and implementation of Institutional initiatives and to support the implementation of program activities. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation, insurance, and living expenses are the responsibility of the Graduate Professional or their sponsoring institutions. Graduate professionals will work in Geneva or remotely.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is December 21, 2021, at 5:59 pm EST (11:59 pm Geneva time).
- Assists in the development, delivery, and dissemination of research outputs related to the work of UNIDIR;
- Assists in organizing meetings, seminars, and workshops;
- Drafts official documents and other materials related to the work of UNIDIR;
- Assists in outreach and partnership activities with UNIDIR interlocutors;
- Attends conferences and meetings, and provides verbal and written briefings to colleagues;
- Contributes to day-to-day tasks, including administrative, communication, and coordination matters;
- Performs other duties as requested by the supervisor
- Professional work experience is not required, but demonstrated experience/interest in international peace and security, disarmament, and the work of the United Nations will be considered an asset
- Fluency in English, written and oral, required. Knowledge of French is desirable; knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
- Demonstrate an interest in the work of the UN and have a personal commitment to the Charter
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Research and analytical skills
- Writing and editing skills
- Project management and/or delivery of activities
- Ability to synthesize information into concise, high-quality written products
- Organization and coordination skills
- Interpersonal, teamwork, and communication (written and oral) skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (in particular Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
For more information and to apply, click here.