“UNOPS mission is to expand the capacity of the UN system, governments, international financial institutions, and other development partners to implement peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations that matter for people in need.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, UNOPS vision is to always satisfy partners with sustainable management services, particularly in infrastructure, project management and procurement, that meet world-class standards of quality, speed and cost effectiveness.
Recently opened, the Washington Office (WO), as part of the Global Partner Services Office (GPSO), seeks to structure and manage the relation with key partners such as the World Bank, Inter American Development Bank, USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, amongst others. The Washington Office will also develop new avenues of collaboration with local partners in support of sustainable development operations in the field, and assists our operational teams on the ground in the management of the portafolio financed by our Washington-based donors.
Under the overall guidance of the Head of the Washington Office, the Programme and Project Intelligence Analyst (PPIA) will be responsible for:
1. conducting research on donor and market trends;
2. developing programme and project/market analysis reports (e.g. by donor, sector and country);
3. researching and developing partner profiles, as well as associated engagement strategies;
4. consistently monitoring of donor/government tenders to identify possible new programme and project acquisition opportunities.
5. Analyze and systematize knowledge, and support the sharing of best practices across the organization through case-studies and reports.
In performing her/his responsibilities, s/he works closely with the Head of the Washington Office, other staff and interns in the Washington Office, as well as project/programme staff in GPSO.
The PPIA is responsible for providing support to the Head of the Washington Office on the following activities:
• Research and draft programme and project/market analyses concerning possible programme and project partnership opportunities in the various regions where UNOPS operates;
• Prepare programme and project/market analysis reports for both major donors as well as countries in the region;
• Research, draft, update and maintain partner profiles according to changing/shifting donor priorities, areas of focus, country strategies, inter alia;
• Research and draft partner engagement strategies for the various regions where UNOPS operates;
• Contribute to, review and comment on, internal reports on partnership development strategies;
• Aid in the development of bidder/partner/competitor analyses reports for engagements
• Monitoring of programme and project development/donor websites (e.g. www.devex.com) to aid in the identification of potential programme and project partnership opportunities;
• Contribute to communication tools to keep both internal and external clients informed of the work conducted by the Washington Office.
• Consistent updating of Washington Office Profiles
• Design, maintenance and periodic updating of Washington Office intranet information;
• Support in the development of best-practice case studies and the systematization of knowledge;
• Support in the organization of events, conferences, workshops and missions of UNOPS team members to Washington; and
• Perform other related duties as required.”
Deadline: September 4th
For contact information, check out the vacancy announcement at – https://gprs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=10719