“GlobalGiving is the first and largest global crowdfunding community that connects nonprofits, donors, and companies in nearly every country around the world. We make it possible for local organizations to access the funding, tools, training, and support they need to become more effective and make our world a better place. GlobalGiving’s nonprofit partners address issues in education, health, women’s empowerment, microfinance, environmental sustainability and more.
GlobalGiving’s Field team travels to meet, support, and review our nonprofit partners to ensure they’re getting the most out of their GlobalGiving experience. As a small team in Washington, DC and London, we work with an incredible group of field volunteers to help maintain a community of high quality nonprofit partners. This is done through an innovative approach to monitor and evaluate thousands of projects domestically and internationally.
GlobalGiving is looking for enthusiastic, open, and motivated individuals to explore their local community of nonprofits in the United States as Field Volunteers. These Field Volunteers commit personal time and resources to support GlobalGiving’s network of community based organizations across the United States of America.
GlobalGiving offers in-person training sessions to our partners, and potential partners around the globe. As a US Field Volunteer, you will reserve a venue and host a workshop, during which you’ll share the best practices for improving an organization’s online fundraising and how to take advantage of all the benefits GlobalGiving offers. You’ll cover everything from setting goals to fundraising advocates to donor relations and more!
- Visit nonprofits and groom your professional networking and relationship-building skills by visiting and supporting some of the U.S.’s most impactful organizations.
- Conduct outreach and run workshops on Online Fundraising for nonprofits interested in GlobalGiving.
- Write reports about your visits with these organizations to be shared with their donors and supporters.
- Travel around nearby cities and meet with local change makers from the social sector who are teaching STEM to low-income children, protecting wildlife, rescuing battered women and their children, and much more!
- Present your findings and experience to the GlobalGiving staff at the end of your volunteer experience.
- Receive 20 hours of in-depth, virtual training on online fundraising, monitoring and evaluation, and measuring social impact from GlobalGiving’s expert staff over two weeks in May.
- Gain on-the-ground experience and exposure to local and national development efforts and nonprofit work, learning more about developing a career in the sector.
- Interact with some of the coolest people around, and have opportunities to network with change makers in the social sector.
- Become a part of GlobalGiving’s international team and alumni groups! Get to know our team working everywhere from London to Mumbai.
- Flex your writing skills and get published on our GlobalGoodness or Tools + Trainings blog for GlobalGiving.
- Have a quote from a senior GlobalGiving staff member to share on your Linkedin accounts, resumes, or elsewhere.
- Receive GlobalGiving shirts and other fun swag!
- Experience or interest in international development, nonprofit management, or monitoring and evaluation.
- Self-starters who have demonstrated the ability to work independently and in collaboration with remote team members.
- Cross-cultural understanding, responsiveness, and flexibility to changing circumstances (because things are bound to go differently than expected in the field!)
- Domestic travel experience and knowledge of the local nonprofit community is strongly preferred.
- Sense of humor and commitment to the GlobalGiving mission and values a must!”
Interested? APPLY HERE.