The Environmental, Social & Corporate Governance (SEG) Division, part of the Strategy Department (DSP), of IDB Invest is looking for an active graduate student (Master or PhD) with an environmental or sustainability-related academic background to be hired as a Winter Intern under the Consultant modality. The internship will run from January 16 through March 15, 2022, and will be located in Washington, D.C. at IDB Invest Headquarters.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is October 17, 2021.
- Assist SEG specialists in reviewing the environmental and social aspects of projects financed by IDB Invest, which involves reviewing relevant environmental and social studies, with a focus on agribusiness related projects
- Work with the SEG climate risk team on advancing portfolio intelligence regarding natural disaster and physical climate-related risks
- Assist in conducting climate risk assessments of projects financed by IDB Invest
- Assist the SEG agribusiness lead with knowledge products, such as webinars with partner organizations and tip sheets on Coordinated Pest Management and Supply Chains
- Develop communications materials (e.g. PowerPoint presentations).
- Citizen of an IDB member country
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree, with at least 50% of the coursework being related to environmental studies, sustainability, and environmental engineer or other related fields.
- The graduation date can not be before March 15, 2022
- Must be proficient in English; knowledge of another of the Bank’s languages preferred
- Must be between the ages of 21 and 33 at the starting date of the internship
- Advanced MS Office Suite, familiarity with Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Great teammate, inclusive, innovative, creative, client-centered, results-oriented, with strong communication skills.
- Not have family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
For more information and to apply, click here.