Y Analytics is TPG’s innovative internal capability, purpose-built to understand and improve the environmental and social impacts of deployed capital. Our mission is to increase the amount and effectiveness of capital allocation for the greater good, as described in the UN SDGs, by increasing trust in the social and environmental impact achieved by that capital.
Y Analytics was launched in parallel to The Rise Fund and founded in partnership with TPG/Rise to provide bestin-class insights and tools that improve capital allocation decisions. Our rigorous approach to impact assessment and management draws on evidentiary academic and economic research, enabling greater use of evidence in capital allocation decision-making and impact valuation.
Today, Y Analytics directly supports impact assessments and decision-making for The Rise Fund, the TPG Rise Climate Fund, and other TPG companies/vehicles with impact objectives. Y Analytics’ mandate also covers Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG) performance and sustainability across TPG’s firm and portfolio.
We support TPG and its portfolio companies by assessing ESG performance and advising on value creation opportunities. As we continue to grow, we are leveraging our capabilities in new and innovative ways and sharing our learnings with the broader investment and research communities.
Y Analytics is seeking an Impact Research Assistant (RA) to support research and analysis of social impact from existing and potential investments and the furthering of our impact assessment methodology. The Research Assistant will contribute to fast-paced teams conducting impact analysis on live deals and conducting in-depth reviews of academic research. The position is open to current Master’s students or advanced undergraduates and is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about economics, impact investment, climate change, economic development, and/or other social-impact areas, and who has a strong desire to expand and deepen knowledge of impact investing in a client-focused work environment.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Master’s student or advanced undergraduate currently pursuing a degree in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sustainability, Business, Economics, Public Administration, or another relevant program
• Experience or demonstrated interest in international development, climate, consulting, impact investing, or a related field
• Ability to interpret and synthesize academic research, including interpreting statistical/econometric analyses (e.g., regression tables)
• Interest and aptitude in researching industries and technologies
• Excellent Excel skills
• Excellent PowerPoint skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills, and fluency in English
Learn more and apply: https://yanalytics.org/jobs