In this episode, we speak with Sarah Drummond, a Sam Nunn School alum who graduated with a Bachelor of Science in International Affairs and Modern Languages (IAML) and a Minor in Global Development. Sarah discusses how the Global Development Minor and an international perspective through various internships, study abroad, and volunteer activities can become a career path.
Take a listen!
Highlights with Sarah:
- Look for ways to add hands-on application to your study abroad program—as with the Global Development Study Abroad Program in South Africa.
- Put your all into your internships or other opportunities; those around you will notice!
- Don’t be intimidated by the Global Development sphere within International Affairs. If you are interested in it, go for it (that goes for any and all opportunities, as well)!
- Learning the basics, background, and structure of the work you are doing is essential to future contributions to the program or job!
- International experiences and perspectives greatly broaden career paths and/or career goals.
Additional Resources Referenced:
- Learn more about the Global Development Minor
- Find internship opportunities on the INTA Career Advising Blog
Find Now That’s INTAresting on any of the following podcast platforms:
If you are “INTArested” in learning more about the Nunn School, click on the links below:
Follow the Nunn School on social media:
Nunn School Instagram: @nunnschoolgt
Nunn School Academic Services Instagram: @inta_advising_gt
Nunn School Facebook: @NunnSchoolGT
Nunn School Academic Services Facebook: @nunnacademicservices