The Yonsei Journal of International Studies (YJIS) is a biannual interdisciplinary journal affiliated with the Center for International Studies and run by the Yonsei University Graduate School of International Studies in Seoul, South Korea. The YJIS welcomes submissions from all scholars, especially graduate students and junior professors, that fall within the diverse field of International Studies.
The deadline to submit is March 18, 2022.
YJIS is seeking three different types of submissions:
- Feature-length articles of original research. Must include proper citations and an abstract. 3,000 to 8,000 words.
- Essays that conduct secondary research. Must include an abstract. 1,500 to 3,000 words.
- Evaluations and reviews of existing essays, articles, books or policy reviews. Maximum 2,000 words.
- Send all submissions as Microsoft Word files
- Follow Chicago style for all citations.
- Pages should not be numbered or marked with the author’s name
- Include a proposed title and short author bio
- Papers and Essays submissions should include an abstract of no longer than 250 words
- Use American English spelling and punctuation (i.e. “center” not “centre”)
- Foreign words should be romanized according to the following systems:
- Japanese: Revised Hepburn
- Korean: Revised Romanization
- Chinese: Pinyi
Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Spring/Summer 2022 Submission.” (If any part of the article has been previously published in any other form, authors must make this clear in their submission). Please also include the following information in the body of your email:
- First and Last Name
- Title / Position
- Institute (University, Research, Company, etc.)
- Mailing Address (Street, City, State, Country, Zipcode)*
- Phone Number
- Email Address
For more information, click here.