Please let your faculty know that we have some funding available to support the granting of materials and supplies to faculty (~10) who are mentoring undergraduate research students this summer. Grant application details and online submission form are found here on our website. The deadline to submit is Friday, February 23.
Faculty members who will be mentoring Georgia Tech undergraduate student researchers during the summer semester are eligible to apply for materials, supplies, or travel funding to support undergraduates working on research projects under their mentorship. Up to $1,000 can be requested from each faculty member per academic year.
- Materials and supplies must be directly related to a research project being performed by an undergraduate student or multiple undergraduate students.
- Cost sharing for more expensive items is strongly suggested and should be discussed in the proposal.
- Faculty can also apply for travel expenses for a student whose work requires being off-campus to pursue effectively. This does not include support for students presenting papers/posters at conferences which is covered under the President’s Undergraduate Research Award (PURA). Travel expenses for international research cannot be applied to traditional study-abroad experiences or work abroad.
- Priority will be given to faculty and students working on projects which do not have other sources of funding.
- Students must be undergraduates at time of use of award.
Application details here: http://urop.gatech.edu/mst-grants