The UNA-USA Youth Observer Program is designed to bring youth voices to the UN and elevate their takes on global policy around international issues. One selected American between the ages of 18-25 will spend a year engaging and connecting young people to the work of the United Nations. The Youth Observer will attend UN briefings, organize events, and participate in coalitions to support a strong U.S.-Un Partnership. This role will run from August 2021-July 2022. This role requires 8-10 hours of work per week with occasional travel to New York City, Washington DC, and other U.S. cities.
The deadline to apply is June 13, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET.
- American citizen between the ages of 18-25
- Passionate and entrepreneurial about civic engagement, youth issues, and the United Nations
- Talented writers, capable of digesting complicated information and quickly turning around blog posts to inform other youth
- Social media savvy individuals with creative ideas for digital engagement
- Intellectually curious and able to have meaningful conversations with high-level individuals
- Experienced public speakers who are enthusiastic about engaging with young Americans
- Dedicated to making the world a better place
For more information and to apply, click here.