Georgia Tech’s Law, Science, and Technology Program is proud to announce an opportunity for current Georgia Tech students to apply for funding to help offset some of the costs of law school admissions. The Van Aacken GT Law Fund was established in memory of Georgia Tech alumnus Troy Van Aacken, an Atlanta attorney, by his family in order to help students cover various costs associated with the process of applying to law school. Current Georgia Tech students are invited to apply as outlined below. Priority is given to third and fourth-year students, and we anticipate selecting two students to receive $500 awards in the fall of 2021. Award funds may be used by selected students to cover application fees, LSAT/LSAC fees, LSAT prep costs, costs associated with campus visits, and other costs connected to the law school admissions process.
The deadline to apply for the awards is October 8, 2021.
Applications should be submitted as Word documents to the application portal and be no more than a single page in length. The font should be Arial 10pt. and there should be one-inch margins on all sides. The following information must be included:
- Full Name
- Minor(s) (if applicable)
- Current GPA (subject to verification)
- Responses to the following prompts, not to exceed 200 words per prompt:
- Please tell the selection committee how this award would enable you to pursue law school admissions
- Please briefly describe your interest and motivation for pursuing law school/a career in law
- Please let the selection committee know what you are doing now to prepare for law school
To access the application, click here.
To view the original flyer, click here.
For more information contact Chad Slieper, director of the LST program, here.