The Y20 is a leadership summit that convenes young professionals from G20 countries to develop policy solutions to current global challenges. This year’s Y20 Summit will take place in July 2022, in Jakarta, Indonesia, and the official organizing entity is Indonesian Youth Diplomacy (IYD). Note, the U.S. Y7 and Y20 delegation does not represent the U.S. federal government in any capacity. YPFP will select four American delegates to represent American youth voices at the Y20 summit.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is January 30, 2022.
The priorities of 2022 Y20 are:
- Youth Employment
- Digital Transformation
- Sustainable and Liveable Planet
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have a U.S. passport.
- Age 22-30 as of July 2022.
- Applicants must be university graduates or working towards a degree relevant to Y20 2022 priority areas. It is highly recommended that applicants have working or volunteering experience as well as previous experience & representation in global fora and summits.
- 1-2 Page Resume/CV
- Situation Statement – 500 words or less
- Describe how you would diplomatically and effectively engage your peers to ensure policy compromises are reached? Use an example of a policy proposal that you care about that overlaps with one of the Y20 priority areas to guide your answer (can be found at the top of this page).
- How would others describe your ability to diplomatically and effectively address conflict or differences of opinion? Give an example of this in action.
- Short Response – 100 words or less
- Why do you want to join the 2022 Y20 American delegation?
- What are two or three skills sets/experiences you believe you would contribute to the team?
- U.S. Y20 delegates represent American youth voices at home and abroad. How would you go about collecting youth concerns and ideas so that the delegation is able to articulate the diverse perspectives of American youth?
- How do you plan to share this experience with other young people in your community?
- Scanned copy of your passport page displaying photo, age, and citizenship status
- Scanned copy of COVID-19 Vaccination Card
For more information and to apply, click here.