Who We Are:
FleishmanHillard, a global leader in communications and marketing, is one of the industry’s most recognized integrated communications agencies, bringing together deep strategic thinking and a seamless network to deliver real-world results. We want big thinking, passionate creativity and unbridled energy. In exchange, we offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth and personal success.
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship:
Alfred Fleishman, one of the agency’s founders, was dedicated to promoting human rights and helping people from diverse backgrounds communicate with and understand one another. In his honor, FleishmanHillard offers the Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship.
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship is an industry-leading program that offers the opportunity for individuals to combine their communication talents with their passion for diversity and inclusion. The paid fellowships are up to six- to 12-months in length and offer benefits, professional development opportunities and a mentor program. Fellows contribute to client projects while rotating among account teams, gaining practical experience in the field of integrated communications from some of the industry’s best counselors.
Want an inside look? Hear from previous program participants in this video.
What You Will Do:
During the fellowship, individuals will have the opportunity to:
- Write, edit and proofread materials in AP style, including press releases, pitch letters, fact sheets, blog posts, website content and client correspondence
- Pitch story ideas to relevant media and participate in brainstorm sessions
- Contribute to the new business process, including research and proposal preparation
- Monitor, research, compile and analyze client media coverage in both online and offline channels
- Contribute to agency diversity and inclusion initiatives
Individuals within the creative services team will collaborate with both creative and PR team members to develop custom client ready materials.
Qualified applicants must have:
- A minimum of a 3.2 GPA
- Completion of their junior year of college, though recent graduates are preferred
- Three previous internships or equivalent experiences, at least one of which must be focused on communications, public relations, marketing, advertising or creative services
- A strong career interest in communications or creative services
- A demonstrated passion for ethnic or cultural diversity
- Proven writing skills, initiative, creative problem-solving skills and proficiency in social media. Applicants for creative fellowships should also demonstrate skills and proficiency in their area of interest (design, video, social content, digital, copywriting, etc.)
- The ability to work a minimum of 30 hours per week
Criteria to Apply:
Your Application Submission Must Include:
- Completed application
- Resume and cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation from current or previous employers or educators; please limit each letter to one page
- Two writing samples — news releases, pitch letters, media alerts, newsletter articles, executive summaries, and other relevant writing items; please limit each sample to two pages
- Creative services applicants must include a link to an online portfolio or attach to their application an under 5 MB PDF portfolio in place of writing samples. The submitted portfolio must include at least 2 creative examples
All materials must be submitted online before an application will be considered complete and ready for review.
We are accepting applications for 2018 fellowships until February 15, 2018. We will begin reviewing applicants starting February 1. The 2018 fellowship program will typically begin by May/June 2018.