The Gilman Scholarship program of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, and provides undergraduate students of financial need the funds to study outside of the United States.
If you are participating in a study abroad program in Summer 2021, Fall 2021 or the 2021-2022 Academic Year, the deadline to apply is March 2, 2021, at 11:59 PST.
- United States Citizen
- Undergraduate student of good standing at an accredited college or university
- Both 2-year program and 4-year program students welcome to apply
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant during the time of application, or can provide proof that they will be receiving a Federal Pell Grant during the term of their study abroad program
- In the process of applying to, or accepted to, a credit-bearing study abroad or internship program, or a virtual international program of at least two weeks for community college students and three weeks for students from four-year institutions.
- Multi-city and multi-country programs are eligible and there is no maximum or minimum number of cites, countries, etc. required
For more information and to apply, click here.