“Since 1951, the Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta has been connecting the passions of philanthropists with the purposes of nonprofits doing that work. With 65 years serving the 23-county Atlanta region and a robust team of experts, the Community Foundation manages the behind-the-scenes details, empowering our donors to focus on the joy of giving. We also serve as a conduit for positive change, providing quality services and innovation leadership on community issues. For more information, visit www.cfgreateratlanta.org.
Each year, The Foundation provides a unique summer fellowship experience for an undergraduate student who is interested in philanthropy and the critical issues facing the metro Atlanta region. The Summer Fellow will work closely with The Foundation’s President and staff, and will be engaged in many aspects of The Foundation’s work—from grantmaking to public policy to donor engagement. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a community foundation over the course of a summer. The fellowship lasts ten (10) weeks with concentrations in the Office of the President, Philanthropy, Community, Finance, and Marketing & Communications.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be committed to a future in the Atlanta community
- Currently enrolled as a rising sophomore, junior or senior in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree
- Strong interest in the areas of philanthropy and nonprofit organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and good time management skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be a lifelong learner
Send resume and cover letter (one page maximum) explaining your interest and qualifications to:
2017 Summer Fellowship Program
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta, Inc.
191 Peachtree Street, Suite 1000, 10th floor – Atlanta, GA 30303
or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject Line: 2017 Summer Fellowship Program
The application deadline is Wednesday, February 15, 2017 by noon.”