AMP Global Youth is partnering on a new mobile game connecting youth in the US and the Middle East, and we’re looking for Fellows to help get the word out! The experience is designed to increase intercultural exchange between youth in the United States and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), equipping them with the skills they need to succeed in today’s interconnected world.
As catalysts in their community, Fellows will lead outreach, recruitment and conversations around the game. This is a great opportunity for individuals with an interest in intercultural issues, virtual exchange, global education, outreach, organizing, social marketing and communications.
- Supporting finalization of the game experience and strategy. For example by providing feedback on game design.
- Creating and leading outreach strategies for your community. Working with AMP staff, you’ll brainstorm most effective tactics for sharing the experience at the local level, including with schools, colleges and community organizations.
- Creating fun and impactful promotional content for social media, print media, emails, events and more. You’ll need to be creative and break through the noise to reach faculty, administrators and students about this opportunity.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED:
- Must be a high school (upperclassmen only) or college or university student, currently enrolled.
- Preferred location: Miami, Seattle, or Los Angeles (this is not compulsory however)
- Excellent charisma and personality, outgoing and willing to start conversations with strangers.
- A strong desire to work or gain skills in marketing and brand management.
- An interest in intercultural exchanges and building global understanding.
- Tenacity, patience, and a sense of humor.
- Organized and able to work in a virtual environment with minimal supervision
Fellows will receive a $500 stipend, hands-on training and mentorship and a professional reference.
HOW TO APPLY:
Deadline: Interviews on a rolling basis, a job offer will be made to the first suitable candidates.
Start date: Immediately
Send your resume and a statement on why you’re interested to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Culturama Fellow [your city]’ in the email subject line.