Education Data and Analysis Fellowship
The Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA) seeks an Education Data and
Analysis Fellow for 2018. Working with APSIA staff, the fellow will collect information and provide statistical analysis. They will describe and forecast trends in data as related to APSIA member schools’ experiences.
- Develop 8+ surveys per year to collect APSIA members’ admissions, employment, and other
- Monitor results of each survey to ensure significant samples of responses
- Process and format results of each survey
- Confirm accuracy of responses provided to each survey
- Analyze results of each survey for trends
- Create reports on each survey’s results and trends
- Conduct comparative analyses with earlier APSIA data; clean up old data as needed
- Conduct comparative analyses with other organizations’ data
- Current student at an APSIA member school.
- Candidate should have at least one-year of
education at the master’s level or significant coursework related to quantitative analysis.
- Experience conducting quantitative surveys, research, and analysis.
- Understanding of data collection in a higher education context strongly preferred.
- Experience in trends analysis and/or forecasting.
- Familiarity with SurveyMonkey and similar information collection technologies.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
Compensation: $16 / hour for 10 hours per week
We prefer students available for both the 2018 Spring and Fall semesters. Ideally, we would like to find
candidates who will be available Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Executive Director Carmen Mezzera at
apsia AT apsia.org with the subject Data Fellowship_FamilyName. Please include your desired beginning
and end dates in your cover letter. Apply by November 7, 2017.
APSIA does not have the ability to support visas or work permits. However, if APSIA members outside
the United States wish to arrange work authorization, we are open to this possibility.
APSIA actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against
any employee or applicant because of race, age, gender, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental
disability, religion, national origin, or political affiliation.