The Federal Jackets Fellowship provides students with the opportunity to work full-time with a member of Congress, the Congressional Committee, or an executive branch office in Washington, DC. The fall semester program lasts 16 weeks. Students will secure their own internship based on their studies and interests with assistance available from the Center for Career Discovery and Development, and the Office of Institute Relations. The opportunity includes a stipend of $7,500 to off-set expenses. The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students of all majors. International students are welcome to apply to the fellowship, but some internship programs only accept U.S. citizens. Selection is based on grades, their potential for leadership, extracurriculars, and work experience.
The deadline to apply is February 11, 2021.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Recent positions include:
- NASA Science Mission Directorate
- White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- White House Office of Communications
- Office of Congressman John Lewis
- USAID Bureau of Legislative and Public Affairs
- Department of Justice – Law and Policy Section
- Department of Health and Human Services – Office of the Chief Medical Officer