“The Public Policy & International Affairs Program (PPIA) is now accepting applications for the 2017 PPIA Fellowship!
The PPIA program prepares undergraduates to be competitive candidates for top degree programs in the fields of public policy, public administration or international affairs through participation in a Junior Summer Institute (JSI).
JSI is an intensive, 7-week, academic program during the summer at one of these host campuses:
- The Ford School – University of Michigan
- The Goldman School – UC Berkeley
- Heinz College – Carnegie Mellon University
- Humphrey School of Public Affairs – University of Minnesota
- Woodrow Wilson School – Princeton University
- Eligible candidates are current undergrads who will be completing their B.A. between December 2017 and August 2018. The deadline to apply is November 1, 2016.
Benefits of Participation:
- Full tuition at a PPIA Junior Summer Institute.
- Eligibility to receive assistance with travel expenses.
- A stipend of up to $1,500 (funding determined by each JSI).
- University housing with a meal plan.
- Books and related course materials at your JSI.
- Each JSI may offer additional benefits, such as GRE preparation, at their discretion. Please check with each JSI about any additional benefits.
- Minimum of a one-time $5,000 scholarship at a PPIA graduate school if admitted for a Master’s degree or select PhD programs. PPIA Fellows often receive financial offers above and beyond this minimum from their graduate program.
- Fee waiver when applying to programs that are members of the PPIA Graduate School Consortium.
PPIA’s mission is to promote the inclusion and full participation of underrepresented groups in public service and to advance their leadership roles throughout our civic institutions serving domestic and international affairs.”