A scholarship for future leaders and changemakers, Samvid Scholars was established in 2021 by Samvid Ventures to invest in the graduate education of future leaders who are committed to effecting positive change in society. Beyond funding, Scholars participate in two years of programming with a cohort of exceptional peers to deepen their self-knowledge and explore their leadership, purpose, and path to impact.
Our programming enables Scholars to fulfill their extraordinary potential by providing them with the understanding, skills, and support to bring their purpose to life – and, in time, to lead change at scale.
New Scholars also join our larger Samvid Scholar and alumni community. Programming includes:
- An annual, three-day summer conference to meet your cohort and the broader Samvid community in person and participate in seminars, workshops and community-building events (scheduled for July 19-21 in 2023)
- A bimonthly virtual small group discussions to explore critical leadership topics (e.g., values, strengths) and develop key impact leadership skills
- A service project, aligned to Scholars’ interests and passions, to reinforce Scholars’ commitment to driving impact at scale and to bring it to life through hands-on work
- Virtual events including panels, guest speakers, and professional development opportunities
- Pursue a full-time graduate program (MD, MBA, JD, MPP/MPA, MPH, or MS/MA in the social sciences or STEM) at a university in the United States,
- Be an incoming first-year graduate student for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.5
- Be a U.S. citizen or DACA recipient
Samvid Scholar Benefits:
- The Samvid Scholars program supports up to $50,000 per year for two years of graduate study.
- Each Scholar also receives two years of leadership development programming.
Deadline to apply: April 9th
Interested? Learn more and apply here.