The National Union for Democracy in Iran (NUFDI) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization comprised of Iranian-Americans of all backgrounds who are fighting to be a voice for those in Iran whose voices are silenced. By transmitting their stories, struggles, and aspirations to an American audience of policymakers, media and concerned citizens, it is our hope that it may serve to better position our fellow Americans to understand and support the Iranian people as they fight to establish a free, democratic Iran. NUFDI is seeking current university students to participate in their summer fellowship program. The program will run from June-August 2021. The program is based in Washington, DC, but depending on the status of the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic, remote work may be considered.
The deadline to apply is April 1, 2021.
- Summarizing Congressional and other government actions taken in relation to Iran and human rights
- Draft articles, updates, and communications for NUFDI’s digital communication strategy
- Summarize and analyze media coverage of Iran in the American press and provide reports and fact-checking, when necessary
- Aid in event planning, day-to-day programming, and some administrative tasks
- Other responsibilities will be determined by the NUFDI’s on-going project at that time
- Fellows will also have the opportunity to attend a summer lunch speaker series
- Current university student (undergraduate or graduate)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven interest in human rights, Iran, international relations, politics, and media
- Self-motivated and with superior attention to detail
- Spoken and written Persian (Farsi)
- Experience working on Iranian/Iranian-American issues
- Experience working in fundraising and development
For more information, click here.
To apply send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Summer Fellow Application” in the subject line.