(A scholarship for SOPHOMORES with financial need who plan to pursue a career in public service.)
Attend a webinar featuring Divali Legore, a GT student who is a member of the first cohort of recipients from 2022!
When: Weds., February 15, 2023, 7:00 – 8:00 PM
- Financial aid up to $25,000 per year in “last dollar” financial aid to cover remaining tuition and/or living costs for their junior and senior years of college.
- Summer Voyage: With a budget of $10,000, students will design their own summer voyage between their junior and senior year of college. The experience will allow students to pursue internships or mentorship opportunities anywhere in the world
- 10-year travel stipend: After graduation, Airbnb will provide the students with a $2,000 travel credit every year for 10 years, totaling $20,000.
- Fall Summit: Fall Summit: Each fall, students will be invited to a summit to help define and inspire their public service journey.
- A network of leaders: Throughout the program, students will be invited to an ongoing speaker series, giving them access to a network of leaders.
- Plan to enroll full-time in your junior year of study at an accredited four-year university in the United States in Fall 2023. Eligible students are finishing their sophomore year in Spring 2023 and will be considered juniors based on total number of credits earned at their institution by Fall 2023.
- Have four (4) semesters of full-time academic coursework remaining before graduating
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have demonstrated a commitment to public service
- Plan to pursue a career in public service upon graduation*
- Be a United States (U.S.) citizen, U.S. permanent resident (holder of a Permanent Resident Card), or an individual granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA)
* Public service can include careers in government, non-profit, or the private sector, ranging from school teachers, community organizers, social workers, entrepreneurs with ideas for socially impactful businesses, journalism, arts, and design — a range of fields through which people are committed to creating a more connected, just, and equitable world.
Applications are now open now! Come to learn about the application process!
Deadline to submit applications is March 22, 2023.
Karen Mura, GT Prestigious Fellowships Advisor