The World Bank Group (WBG) Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a two-year leadership development fellowship at the beginning of a five-year employment contract with the World Bank, IFC, or MIGA. YPP participants begin the program in Washington, DC where they will take intensive training courses both on the job and in the classroom. YPs are full-time employees that will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to their respective unit’s work. In addition to this training, YPs will participate in at least one rotation within their home institution, with some engaging in additional rotations wi another institution with the goal of developing and applying skills across the business. The WBG YPP offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
There are two windows for applications.
The first window will be open from June 15, 2021, to July 15, 2021, at 7:59 pm EST (11:59 pm UTC).
The second window will be open from August 16, 2021, to September 20, 2021, at 7:59 pm EST (11:59 pm UTC).
NOTE: Time zone exceptions will NOT be accepted
- Be born on or after October 1, 1989
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree*
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire a staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
For World Bank placement
- Complete a relevant master’s degree by July 15, 2021, or PhD before September 2022.
- Fields of study should be related to a World Bank Business Area.
- Demonstrate 3+ years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in a continued study at the doctoral level.
For IFC & MIGA placement:
- Demonstrate 4+ years of relevant experience in finance, political risk insurance, and credit enhancement, project/program development, economic development, and/or consulting.
- Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
- Complete a relevant graduate degree before September 12, 2022.
- Fields of study should be related to an IFC or MIGA Business Area, including but not limited to a Master’s of Business Administration (or equivalent), Economics, Finance, International Relations, Science, and Engineering.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement, communication, and team leadership skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant sector trends
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
For more information and to apply, click here.