The Legacy Award of the Victims of Pan Am Flight 103, Inc. (VPAF 103) was established to remember the 270 lives lost in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 on December 21, 1988.
Legacy Awards are available to students pursuing advanced degrees at U.S. institutions in areas of study related to improved national security and terrorism prevention. Two Legacy Awardees are selected each year:
- The LEGACY FELLOW is selected from among those applicants who have 3 or more years of professional experience in fields related to national security and terrorism prevention. Legacy Fellows receive a $5,000 award.
- The LEGACY SCHOLAR is selected from among those applicants who are just completing or have very recently completed their undergraduate degrees (i.e. within the last 3 years). Legacy Scholars receive a $3,000 award.
· Individuals who completed their undergraduate degree in the United States, and who are or will be enrolling in a graduate program in the United States are eligible to apply. The award is contingent upon matriculation into a graduate program by the awardee.
· Successful candidates will demonstrate a capacity for leadership, have a record of high academic or professional achievement, and have clearly defined career interests with evidence of potential for professional accomplishments related to national security and terrorism prevention.
· Applicants may apply from all fields of study, but only applicants who make a clear connection between their program of study and career goals with improving national security and terrorism prevention will be considered for this award.
The deadline to submit an application is February 21st.
Letters of recommendation must be submitted by February 28th.
How to Apply
To be considered for this award, please submit an application at
The organization, Victims of Pan Am Flight 103, Inc. was formed by family members of those lost in this terrorist bombing. The organization’s goals are to: discover the truth behind the bombing; seek justice for our loved ones; ensure the airline industry maintains and improves safety measures; educate the public about this incident; and support one another.
To learn more about Pan Am Flight 103, Inc. and the Legacy Fellowship, go to
or email: email@example.com
To learn more about those lost visit the Pan Am Flight 103 – Lockerbie Air Disaster Archives