Our merit-based scholarships are awarded twice per year to support and encourage women studying International Trade and Global Development.
- Applicants must identify as female and be currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. university or college, either full-time or part-time. Applicants must be Juniors or Seniors in undergraduate or enrolled in graduate studies.
- Awards ($1,500) will be based on the quality of the assigned essay and the applicant’s demonstrated interested in international trade and are made without regard to race, creed, color, sexual orientation or religion.
Selected winners will receive $1,500 and:
- One full year of personal mentorship by a WIIT Trust or a WIIT member.
- One full year of membership to WIIT.
Typed essays should be no more than 1000 words in length (exclusive of endnotes and bibliography, if used), double-spaced, and in 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Essays should have page numbers and utilize endnotes and bibliography if needed. Submissions should be in PDF format. Application deadlines are April 1st and October 1st of every year.
Essay Topic: Choose one of the below prompts and provide a complete, well-crafted response in no more than 1000 words.
1. Select one U.S. industry and assess how it has been affected by trade with Canada and/or Mexico since the North American Free Trade Agreement entered into force 25 years ago.
2. Provide your analysis on the effectiveness of a current U.S. trade agreement with respect to U.S. trade policy goals.
Winners will be notified by May 15th and November 15th for the spring and fall scholarship awards.
More information can be found here!