The Association of Women in International Trade (WIIT) works to promote the professional advancement of women in international trade. They accomplish this goal through professional development opportunities, networking opportunities, and scholarships. They award their Women in International Trade Scholarship twice yearly. The award includes $1,500, a year-long professional mentorship with WIIT trust or member, a year of WIIT membership, and the visible opportunity to engage in a role in the panel discussion.
The deadline to apply to the first round of scholarships is April 1, 2021.
The deadline to apply to the second round of scholarships is November 1, 2021.
- Identify as a woman
- Be a junior or senior undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at a US university or college
- Can be part-time or full-time enrollment
- Students of all citizenships are welcome to apply
Essays must be on a relevant international trade topic (see suggestions below) and can either be a bespoke essay submission or an appropriately formatted existing academic paper from current class works. Submissions must be:
- Minimum 5, and Maximum 10 numbered pages (exclusives of endnotes, bibliography, if used)
- Typed, double spaced, 12 pt Times New Roman font
- In PDF format
- Submitted to email@example.com
Suggested Essay Topics
- Trade & Development – trade policy impact on Sustainable Development Goals
- Trade & Empowerment – trade policy impact on gender diversity and economic empowerment
- Trade Agreements – select a current agreement and discuss trade impact on a specific industry and/or specific labor/workforce impact.
- US Trade policy – analyze current US trade agreement against defined US trade policy goals
For more information, click here.