Ready, set, go! The U.S. Department of State’s Virtual Student Foreign Service (VSFS) e-Internship program is now open!
VSFS is a digital internship for U.S. citizen college students, full or part-time, online or traditional. There are over 330 projects with 15 U.S. Government agencies: http://www.state.gov/vsfs/243849.htm We are so excited that the VSFS concept continues to expand. Each agency really counts; see what we mean on our facebook page!
Students can apply for their top three projects on USAJobs between July 2 – 22 (applicants should check out the project offerings on http://www.state.gov/vsfs/243849.htm first). Last year, 610 students were chosen and this year even more positions are available. eInterns make a real difference. They do real work and are mentored by US Government employees who value their contribution.
Selected eInterns work 10 hours per week from September 2015 through May 2016. This year for the first time, projects in diplomacy, development, space, journalism, trade, environment, health, agriculture, technology, and housing are available:
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- National Institutes of Health
- National Weather Service
- Peace Corps
- The Smithsonian Institution
- U.S. Agency for International Development
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
The fine print: Applicants must be U.S. citizens enrolled in university level courses in the U.S. or abroad. Last year, we had students from undergraduate to PhD to part-time online students. A resume, transcript, and statement of interest are required as part of the application process. Interviews may be conducted in August. eInternships are unpaid and do not require a security clearance or travel.
Learn more: Website
Sign up to receive alerts about upcoming internships!