GBC COMPETITION FOR GLOBAL HEALTH AMBASSADORS
Are you interested in global health issues, corporate social responsibility and partnerships for a healthier world? Are you passionate about using social media to share your ideas and observations with others?
Become a Global Health Ambassador to tweet, blog and write about the essential role of business in creating a healthier world. You will join more than 500 business executives, policy makers, celebrities and thought leaders at the GBC Conference and Dinner on June 1-2 in New York City.
We are looking for eight to ten passionate, digitally-savvy students to help us spread the meeting content beyond the walls of the conference. Winning students will join us in NYC and learn first-hand from leading business executives, policy makers and thought leaders about how business is driving change for a healthier world.
Visit www.gbcimpact.org to see some of the featured speakers you will have access to, including George Soros, Ted Turner and Gordon Brown.
Global Health Ambassadors will have the chance to interview 1-2 high-level speakers and help shape the conversation around the GBC’s 10th Anniversary Conference and Awards Dinner.
Our ideal candidate is:
- A student, or recent graduate
- Passionate about global health, business, corporate social responsibility, international affairs, nonprofit work, partnerships
- An avid Twitter and Facebook user, who considers social media to be part of their DNA
Want to participate?
- To apply, go to http://conference2011.gbcimpact.org/conference/global-health-ambassadors.php and apply to the Global Health Ambassador contest
- Submit a short essay (max. 250 words) telling us why you’re interested and want to participate
- Tell us how you use social media
- Share 1-2 relevant writing samples with us
Important competition dates:
- Open for entries: Monday, April 18
- Deadline for entries: Friday, April 29
- Winners announced: Monday, May 9
- Prep Meeting: May TBD, Teleconference
- Event: June 1-2, New York City
Global Health Ambassadors will be given complimentary access to the conference, but will be responsible for funding their own travel and accommodation.