About Town Hall Project:
Town Hall Project empowers constituents across the country to have face-to-face conversations with their elected representatives. We are campaign veterans and first time volunteers. We come from a diversity of backgrounds and live across the country. We share progressive values and believe strongly in civic engagement. We research every district and state for public events with members of Congress. Then we share our findings to promote participation in the democratic process.
This movement is diverse, open source, and powered by citizens. We are proud to be a part of it.
The Digital Media Intern for the Town Hall Project will be the go-to digital strategist and content producer for our tens of thousands of social media fans and email list subscribers.
Whether you’re a seasoned digital expert with enough free-time on your hands to make this work or are a student eager to learn from some of our seasoned digital advisors, this listing is meant for you.
Time commitment and compensation:
• Able to commit to at least 15-20 hours per week (fulltime opportunities also available)
• This is an unpaid position, but you will get to work with some of the brightest minds in politics
• We will work with candidates to receive college credit(s) where applicable
• Craft emails to subscribers about Town Halls in their area, fundraising appeals, and our weekly newsletter
• Write engaging content for Town Hall Project’s social media channels
• Plan digital calendars and receive approval from Town Hall Project founders
• Plan digital campaigns and supporting digital tactics around key moments for the organization, such as the current congressional recess
• Monitor social media for news and notable moments from Town Hall Projects and citizen-engagement across the country
• Solutions-oriented problem solver comfortable working remotely
• Comfortable working with a volunteer-team in a start-up environment
• Solid project management, research, writing, editing, and communications skills
• Basic understanding of social media and online content practices, including an understanding of audience behaviors by channel and platform
• Basic personal and professional experience in creating content for online communities
Experience that would make you stand out:
• Any graphic design experience with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
• Experience with content management systems (e.g. Drupal), email marketing tools (e.g.Mailchimp), social media management tools (e.g. Sprout Social), and basic knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
To Apply, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line DIGITAL INTERN.