Monday (Nov 17)
• Free Hot Chocolate: 9-11am, Tech Walkway, Pick up your ‘passport’ to the week and learn about what is going on during IEW.
• IEW Kick Off: 11-1pm, Clough Atrium, Put yourself on the map with Buzz!
• J-1 Employment: 1-2pm, Savant Room 308, Learn about J-1 Employment Options.
• “Crowded Orbits-Conflict and Cooperation in Space”: 1-2pm, Habersham Room G-17, Speaker Clay Moltz. Hosted by CISTP.
• GlobalNet Social: 4-6pm, Bill Moore Student Success Center President Suites A-D, Invitation only social for faculty and scholars.
• International Coffee Hour: 6-8pm, Tech Rec, Brazilian Culture Night hosted by BRASA, Global Jackets, and OIE.
Tuesday (Nov 18)
• ACIREMA: 10-noon, Student Center Commons Peachtree Room, Participate in an intercultural experience that simulates an
international student entering the U.S., Sign up at oie.gatech.edu/iew
• Barnga: 11:30-1pm, Student Center Commons Piedmont Room, Come join in on the fun and play a game of Barnga-open to
students, faculty, and staff.
• Communicating the Value of the IP: 5-6:30pm, Savant Room 308, Workshop on articulating the value of the IP for interviews.
RSVP to email@example.com
• Ritmo Latino: 6-8pm, Tech Rec, Join the GT Salsa Club and Global Jackets to learn how to salsa dance as well as watch performaces
-light refreshments will be provided.
Wednesday (Nov 19)
• Passport Fair: 9-3pm, Student Center Commons Piedmont Rm, Take advantage of this opportinuty to apply for your first passport or
renew your passport. Hosted by the Post Office and the Student Center.
• Ten Thouand Villages and Language Cafe: 11-2pm, Student Center Commons Peachtree Rm, Browse fair trade products from around the
world and tour other cultures with GT English Language Institute students.
• Advisor Lunch and Learn: 11:30-1pm, Student Center Rm 301, Exchange course approvals and credit transfer. By invitation only.
• Origami Workshop: 1-2pm, Bill Moore Student Success Center President Suite A, Learn how to fold origami by the ATL Konichiwa Club.
• The Nuts and Bolts of Immigration Sponsorship in the U.S: 6-7pm, Student Center Theater, Informational presentation with
immigration lawyer Chuck Kuck.
• International Alumni Panel: 7-8pm, Student Center Theater, Hear stories and ask questions of GT international alumni.
Thursday (Nov 20)
• Buzzwords: 10-11am, Tech Walkway, Come learn about non-English languages spoken on campus.
• How to Find an International Internship: 11-noon, Bill Moore Student Success Center President Suite A, Learn about how you can
intern abroad for credit at Georgia Tech.
• Developing Global Citizens: 11-1pm, Library Basement Wilby Rm, Faculty Lucheon by CETL- please RSVP at cetl.gatech.edu
• Fulbright Awards for Staff: noon-1pm, Hall Building (Old CE) Rm 102, Three recipients of the Fulbright for Administrators will discuss
their experiences. Open to all GT staff. Learn about how you can have this experience too! Please RSVP at oie.gatech.edu/iew
• Pengyou Day: 11 – 2pm, Tech Walkway, Join representatives from the GT Chapter of Project Pengyou, an alumni network of students
who have studied in China, for Chinese snacks and learn the meaning of “Pengyou”.
• OIE Photo Contest Reception: 2-3pm, Clough Commons 3rd Floor, Come see the winners of the 2014 OIE Photo Contest.
• GT-Shenzhen: 4-5pm, Student Center Rm 301, Come learn about the new campus in China and how you can study abroad in
this vibrant city. www.shenzhen.gatech.edu
• ‘Girl Rising’ Movie and Discussion: 6-8pm, Student Center Theater, A new movie featuring girls from all over the world who
are struggling against cultural and societal barriers; free popcorn! Hosted by OIE and the Women’s Resource Center.
Friday (Nov 21)
• Featured Speaker, Ömer Taşpınar: 10-11:30am, Bill Moore Success Center Clary Theater, Brookings Institute Fellow and Professor at
Johns Hopkins will give a lecture on current events in the Middle East followed by a panel discussion. Hosted by OIE and INTA.
• Language Cafe: noon-2pm, O’Keefe Lawn, Come interact with students from all over the globe and practice your language skills with the
Language Institute students. www.esl.gatech.edu
• OPT for Thesis Students: 1-2pm, Savant Rm 308, Workshop for thesis students interested in working off campus before and after
graduation–RSVP on iStart.gatech.edu
• Scrum Time, Fun Time!: 2-4pm, Stamps Turf Field, Learn to play rugby with the GT Men’s and Women’s rugby teams, feel free to just
watch or join right in.
• Japan Info Session: 5-6pm, Swann Lobby, Learn about opportunities in Japan for GT students. Hosted by the Dept of Modern Languages.
• Cure Your Cravings: 5-7pm, Klaus Atrium, Celebrate Chinese culture with restaurant-catered cuisine and performances. Dinner is 5$.
Hosted by the GT China Care Club. www.chinacare.gatech.edu
Saturday (Nov 22) GT BRASA hosts inSight Conference: Discussing the World. GT Campus. Register at gtbrasa.wix.com/insight