INTA, IAML and EIA majors:
The Sam Nunn School of International Affairs is looking for a few good women and men to represent the school in our recruitment efforts! We need enthusiastic people who want to meet new people and show them the campus and the school.
Our ambassadors will be serving the school in a role similar to those who represent the College as a whole. Here is how they describe the purpose of the ambassadors:
INTA Student Ambassadors will act as liaisons between the School and prospective students and their families, guests, alumni, business partners, and friends of the School by engaging in activities that:
- communicate the mission and culture of the School;
- strengthen our traditions;
- promote Georgia Tech pride; and
- encourage lifelong involvement with the School.
We see our Ambassadors as serving the Nunn School community in many important and rewarding ways as:
- Recruiter – As the Official Greeters for the Nunn School, they are expected to remain active and participate in recruitment events sponsored by the school.
- Educator – In this role, they are asked to educate not only students, but also parents, teachers, and campus administrators about the variety of opportunities in the Nunn School. This will include social media, college search engines and even making sure Georgia Tech tour guides are kept up-to-date with our college bi-annually and helping train future ambassadors.
- Inspiration – They conduct outreach and recruitment.
- Communicator – They communicate for the College through high school presentations, one-on-one conversations, correspondence, summer orientations, etc. They must be flexible and comfortable with this interaction.
- Salesperson – In recruiting new students, an ambassador must educate the public, but must also sell those individuals on INTA programs & services. Ambassadors deliver their sales pitch by telling those individuals about the success they have found in INTA.
- Role Model – As an ambassador, they work to serve as strong examples of students that INTA would want other students to follow and strive to be like.
- Innovative Thinker – One of the things we love most about our students is the highly varied spectrum of talents and interests they possess. Ambassadors are expected to share new ideas and always look at how to do things better, more creatively, and with more fun!
- Professional – In presenting at a school or welcoming students, ambassadors are professional in their conduct and attire.
We will be accepting applications until April 22. We want representatives across the three majors who will be in Atlanta/on campus at least through May 2016.
Here is the link to the application: http://bit.ly/intaapp
There will be a short interview for those who apply and are eligible. Sign ups for those interviews will take place after the deadline has passed.