SHIELD SCHOLARS: Students Heightening Involvement in Education, Learning and Development
SHIELD SCHOLARS are unique, top-tier students who want to make a difference and connect with a company that can help them reach their potential. SHIELD stands for Students Heightening Involvement in Education, Leadership and Development. This highly valued program centers around four pillars:
Involvement: Community service and engagement.
Education: Requires GPA of 3.25 or higher.
Leadership: Activities focus on service, learning and leadership.
Development: Company mentor guides professional and personal development.
You will benefit from professional development activities, cultural events, field trips and opportunities for community service. Mentoring relationships with Phillips 66 professionals who walked in your path just a few years earlier are provided to ensure professional and personal growth. We encourage you to consider these experiences, along with the $3,500 annual scholarship and apply today!
How to apply to be a SHIELD SCHOLAR:
- Students apply during open enrollment: Feb. 2 through March 8, 2015.
- Each student’s university reviews the applications and sends those that meet the minimum requirements to Phillips 66.
- Phillips 66 reviews applications and identifies students who will be interviewed on campus.
- Students are notified whether or not they have advanced in the process.
- Phillips 66 visits each university and con-ducts on-campus interviews.
- Each university reviews the nomination list submitted by Phillips 66 and makes the final determination of the actual scholarship recipients.
- Scholarship recipients are notified by the university before the end of the spring semester.
- Funds are distributed by each university at the beginning of the following fall semester.
To apply, complete an application here: www.Phillips66ShieldScholars.com.