The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decisionmakers in government, international institutions, the private sector, and civil society. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of more than 200 employees working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
CSIS is seeking a Program Manager and Congressional Relations Assistant to help execute the Center’s bipartisan outreach efforts as part of the Office of External Relations. This position will work closely with the Senior Vice President of External Relations and Director of Congressional Affairs to provide administrative, outreach, and event management support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
I. Organizing events and meetings on the Hill and at CSIS.
II. Drafting and responding to correspondence and inquiries from interested persons regarding events and scheduling.
III. Tracking CSIS congressional activities.
IV. Maintaining the CRM database.
V. Managing expense reports and project pipelines.
VI. Liaising with programs internally to identify and coordinate new initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, government, or public policy is required;
- Capitol Hill experience preferred;
- A background in international relations and an interest in policy-related research are desirable;
- Ability to work closely with a range of individuals with diverse interests, backgrounds, dispositions, and executive levels is essential;
- Event planning and logistics experience is strongly preferred;
- Strong attention to detail, professionalism and leadership skills are essential;
- Candidate must be highly organized and able to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Performances of duties require the use of hands and fingers to handle or feel. The job frequently requires ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.