ABOUT THE POSITION
The Risk and Foresight Group housed within the CSIS International Security Program provides leaders in government and business with insights into the forces of change reshaping the global environment. This unit is charged with focusing CSIS’s cross-cutting analysis in mid- to long-term futures, as well as innovative use of foresight methodologies such as data analysis, modeling, simulation and gaming. The portfolio team delivers its findings in ways that are immediately useful in helping organizations navigate global risks and capture emerging opportunities.
CSIS seeks a full-time summer research intern to join the Risk and Foresight Group housed within the International Security Program and help execute its research, events and communications missions. This intern is principally responsible for providing research into emerging global risks and trends for use in Risk and Foresight Group materials.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Closely monitors ongoing project work, events, and scholar ideas across CSIS and quickly and succinctly communicates findings to the program team.
- Provides background research on emerging global risks for use in a weekly publication distilling timely insights for a high-level audience.
- Supports the program’s research agenda through continuous horizon scanning of trends in international business and finance, geopolitics, technology, energy and climate, security, and demography and society.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
- Strong knowledge and comfort across disciplines and issue areas including international business and finance, geopolitics, technology, energy, security, demography and society;
- Knowledge or interest in strategic foresight methodologies including scenario planning, wargaming and simulation, and quantitative modeling;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct rigorous research and present information clearly and efficiently;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Superior writing and analytical skills, ideally with past publications experience;
- Ability to manage competing priorities under time pressures;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to write, think, and operate both independently and on a team.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.