GESI provides a unique opportunity to make a positive impact on communities abroad, while earning Northwestern academic credit. GESI attracts the most passionate and capable students from across the country, and I would appreciate your help in spreading the word about this international program on your campus.
Here are the GESI basics:
What: GESI participants design and implement a community development project with their host community and a small, interdisciplinary team of talented students from across the country.
Who: Any undergraduate or recent graduate seeking hands-on field experience with comprehensive academic preparation.
Where: Bolivia, the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, India, South Africa, or Uganda.
When: June 17- August 24, 2013.
Why: So many reasons!
• Meaningful cultural immersion through homestays
• Two full Northwestern course credits (the equivalent of 6 semester hours)
• On-the-ground professional experience
• An opportunity to help spark change by working with and empowering community members on the ground
• Lifelong friendships with passionate students from around the country, and with development partners around the world
How: Complete our online application.
To learn more: Click here for a flyer with more information, visit www.gesi.northwestern.edu, or email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.