The Journal of Undergraduate International Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is currently accepting submissions for its Spring 2014 issue.
The journal seeks to publish the world’s premier undergraduate work related to international themes and topics including, but not limited to: international conflict and conflict resolution, human rights, environmental issues, history, culture, comparative politics, economics, development and trade, global security, and international health. To view previous issues, please visit: http://juis.global.wisc.edu/issues.html
Our submissions generally range in length from 5 to 20 pages, but may be longer. Submissions must not have been published in any other publication. Current undergraduates and recent graduates (one semester out or less) are eligible to submit their work. To submit your work, email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, following these guidelines:
- Use an easily read font, such as Times New Roman
- Double-space your document
- Follow the Chicago Manual of Style for all citations (for help, http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/home.html) This is not a requirement unless the piece is selected for publication
- Convert all your citations and footnotes to endnotes
- Make sure your name is not present in the text of your work
- Include an abstract of 100 words or less
Submissions must be received by February 16, 2014 at 11:59 pm CST. We look forward to reading your work!
We also welcome photos, both related to or independent of the content of submitted essays. These photos could appear on the cover of the journal or on our website, www.juis.global.wisc.edu. Photos can be sent as high resolution jpegs to email@example.com Please indicate the subject, the location, and the date of the photo, as well as your name and university affiliation.
Please feel free to contact us at the above email with any questions.