Team Leaders are upper-class students selected to serve as a bridge between instructors and freshmen as well as between individual courses and the wider Georgia Tech community.* These students volunteer their time to share their wealth of Tech experiences and insights. As mentors, TLs can facilitate students transition. Encourage students to interact with TLs during and outside of class. They are, perhaps, the most important resource available in GT1000!
The minimum requirements to serve as a TL are:
- Completed at least one semester at Georgia Tech and will be a currently enrolled undergraduate in the semester you wish to serve as a TL.
- Earned at least a 2.3 cumulative GPA at Georgia Tech. This will be verified with the Registrar’s Office.
- Attend mandatory Team Leader Training (Sunday, March 29th, 2020). Students who do not attend TL training will not be permitted to serve as a Team Leader.
- Be in Good Academic Standing and Good Judicial Standing. This will be verified with the Dean of Students’ Office.
- Be willing to commit to spending at least two hours per week. (One hour attending the class and one hour meeting with the instructor outside of class expected.)
- Enjoy working with and mentoring first-year students.
- Promote and support the GT 1000 & 2000 program.
The application can be found HERE and must be submitted by February 4th, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
If you have any questions, reach out to email@example.com!