The GT 1000 and GT 2000 program is looking for team leaders for these upcoming summer and fall semesters. GT 1000 and 2000 are seminar courses that offer support to incoming first-year students and transfer students, respectfully. Team Leaders (TLs) work as mentors for these newly accepted students by offering a network of peer suppport, introducing new students to campus traditions, and introducing students to Georgia Tech Resources. TLs are resources to the class as well, aiding in communications between the instructors and students, assiting with classroom presentaions, and helping to foster a community within the class. This is a volunteer position, meaning students who participate in the TL program do not receive neither pay nor academic credit. Those who complete the TL experience gain valuble leadership experience, strengthen their own leadership identity, demonstrate and improve oral communication and presentations skills, learn to effectivly communicate with GT 1000/2000 instructors and enchance their understanding of Georgia Tech resources and culture.
The deadline to apply is January 24, 11:59pm EST.
Since they serve as advisors and role models to other Georgia Tech students, TLs are expected to be enthusiastic about Georgia Tech, motivated to help others and dependable. The minimum requirements to become a TL are:
- Have completed at least one semester at Georgia Tech
- Currently enrolled undergraduate in the semester you wish to serve as a TL
- 2.3 cumulative GPA at Georgia Tech
- Attend mandatory Team Leader Training. Students who do not attend TL training will not be permitted to serve as a Team Leader.
- Be in Good Academic Standing and Good Judicial Standing
- Be willing to commit to spending at least two hours per week
- One hour attending the class and one hour meeting with the instructor outside of class expected
- Promote and support the GT 1000 & 2000 program
- All Team Leaders, both new and returning, are required to submit an application.
- After applications have been reviewed, applicants will be notified via email if have been selected for an interview. (New TLs only)
- Interviews will be held in Spring 2021 (New TLs only)
- Applicants will be notified of final selections by mid-March
For more information and to apply, click here.