Your Path to Public Service and Beyond
Are you an undergraduate student interning in Washington D.C. this summer? We encourage you to reserve your seats for a free professional development workshop hosted by the Partnership for Public Service and George Washington University Graduate School of Political Management. Interns can register for one or both sessions on July 28 and August 4.
The workshop series teaches interns vital skills needed to get the most out of their current internships and prepares them for a successful career in government.
The two-part workshop series is designed for 60 interns interested in legislative affairs, communications, public affairs or related fields. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Please share this with your students so they can reserve their seats today.
Your Personal Brand and Mission (register here)
July 28, 5-7 p.m., at the Partnership for Public Service
- Identify your values and understand how they align with broader agency mission
- Get effective tips on how to build your personal leadership brand
- Ashwani Jain, Associate Director of External Affairs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Carmen Hills, Public Affairs Officer, U.S. Department of State
- Susanna B. Marking, Acting Chief of Public Affairs, Federal Protective Service, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Building Your Network (register here)
August 4, 5-7 p.m., at George Washington University campus
- Learn tips for effective networking
- Identify key skills and how to apply them to future career opportunities
- Put your skills to practice at the networking reception following the workshop