GHA’s Mission: To improve the health and well-being of individuals and communities in under-served parts of the world through community-based health programs and livelihood opportunities. Global Health Action serves as both a catalyst to increase the knowledge, skills, and capacity of local leaders and organizations and a bridge to connect different groups and levels of society within countries and regions.
GHA’s Programs: Our programs and services include field-based programs, on-going technical support, and customized training courses. Our current initiatives focus on grassroots health education, and community health program management, including maternal and child health and primary health care. We currently have on-the-ground programs and projects in Haiti and on-going partnerships with various government and non-government entities in China. Since 1972, GHA has trained thousands of health professionals and community leaders from 94 countries.
We are currently seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Intern to assist with our ongoing programs and activities in Haiti.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Haiti Program Manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will learn and perform many tasks, including:
- Researching appropriate Monitoring and Evaluation methodologies for Haiti programs
- Conducting literature reviews aimed at supporting current programmatic research
- Assisting with M&E plans design and documentation
- Editing and reviewing M&E reports and manuals
- Managing Access databases and entering data related to beneficiaries therein
- Data cleaning and preliminary analysis
- Graduate student in international studies, public health, or related academic study. • Training and/or experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent written and verbal skills • Interest in NGOs and international health and development • Computer skills including familiarity with database design and management (Microsoft Access) • Statistical skills • Fluency in English required; fluency in French and/or Haitian Creole extremely useful
Work with GHA program staff and other interns and volunteers at GHA’s Headquarters (1902 Clairmont Road, Decatur, GA).
If interested in this internship opportunity, please send us your resume and cover letter, to email@example.com. Subject-line should read “Monitoring and Evaluation Internship.”
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org