- To foster closer ties among, and build an expanding network of, emerging Turkish and American leaders committed to advancing U.S.-Turkish cooperation through dialogue, collaboration, and ongoing projects
- Two weeks in March and June 2010 in the U.S. (Washington, D.C. and Atlanta, G.A.) and ten days in Turkey (Ankara and Istanbul), including homestays
- Intensive discussions on issues in U.S.-Turkish relations, both with leading policymakers and experts in both countries and within small working groups
- Hands-on activities including a crisis simulation
- Opportunities for socializing and for exploring each country’s rich culture and history
Accommodation and travel costs are fully funded.
- Graduate students and/or young professionals who have begun a career in the areas of public policy, business and/or journalism and have a demonstrated record of leadership
- Between 22 and 35 years of age
- Turkish or American citizenship
- Past experience and/or studies relating to international relations
- Working knowledge of English
- A willingness to create a follow-up project true to the program’s mission, possibly with the program’s financial and logistical assistance
- Application form (English and Turkish available) and essays;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Two Letters of Recommendation or Two Completed Reference Forms;
- Two English language writing samples, no more than 5 pages in length
Please submit completed applications by e-mail attachment to email@example.com (for Turkish applicants) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for US applicants) with “YTYA Application” as the e-mail subject heading by December 17, 2009. Accepted Applicants will be notified in early January.
* PLEASE NOTE that late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
For Further Information
- Istanbul Policy Center: email@example.com or (+90) 216 483 91 16
- Atlantic Council: firstname.lastname@example.org or (+1) 202 778 4954